From the Kitchen of Angie St. John
This past week I was able to score some Georgia peaches….25lbs to be exact. I wasn’t sure what this would look like, having that amount of peaches in the house, but I quickly realized we could have used more! We have been eating peach muffins, peach buckle, peach lemonade and well, just the peaches themselves! Hoping to freeze some today but also sad to see them go. The only thing that I keep reminding myself is that it’s blueberry season. So although the peaches will be in the freezer, blueberries will soon take their place in the counter!
This is the first time I’ve made a homemade lemonade, and I have to say it was amazingly delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
You will need:
3 Large Peaches
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups water
1 cup (5/6 Lemons) freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cups cold water
1. Juice lemons, strain and set aside the lemon juice.
2. Peel peaches, take out the pits, and slice them and add them into a sauce pot and combine with sugar, vanilla, and 2 cups of water.
3. Stir and bring the mixture to simmer over medium heat. Lower the heat a little and let peaches cook until softened.
4. Pour the peach mixture into a pitcher through a strainer. You can add some of the peaches to the pitcher or all of them, we sure did!
5. Add remaining cold water to the pitcher and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
6. Stir everything together and refrigerate.